Car accidents in Huntington Beach often have severe outcomes. If you were injured in such a mishap, you should consider hiring an attorney without further delay. California is a tort state. If the accident happened because the other driver was negligent, you could claim compensation for your injuries. The settlement will cover your immediate losses and lost future earnings. If you are looking for a reliable Huntington Beach car accident attorney, we have a few tips below for your help.
When you really need a lawyer
Is it important to hire an attorney for every auto accident claim? The answer is not simple. If the car accident was a minor fender bender, or when your losses are less than $10,000, you can possibly deal with the claim on your own. Lawyering up is a good idea if –
- You were injured severely or have suffered catastrophic injuries
- You were also at fault
- There were many vehicles involved
Meeting a car accident lawyer
Most law firms in California offer a free consultation for car accident claims and lawsuits. You can decide to meet an attorney to discuss the case further. Ask questions like –
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law in Huntington Beach?
- How often do you take up car accident lawsuits?
- Have you represented clients at trial? If yes, what were the outcomes?
- What are some of your biggest cases and settlements so far?
- What is the worth of my claim?
- What factors can impact my case?
- What kind of damages can I recover?
- Can you share client references?
Cost of hiring an attorney in Huntington Beach
Local car accident lawyers work on a contingency fee. The lawyer gets a share of the settlement only if you win. The fee of a lawyer also depends on their experience and the hitches of the case. It is common for attorneys to charge one-third of the settlement as the fee for car accident cases.
Don’t fall for tall promises
Many lawyers want to settle things immediately, while some may make promises that are too good to be true. The truth is a good accident attorney can predict a few details, but they cannot guarantee a settlement. Always work with an attorney who follows standard ethical practices.
If you hire a lawyer, you don’t have to deal with the insurance company alone, and that could be a huge relief. Call an accident lawyer now!
Visit here 69fo