There are thousands of makeup brands, but they all share one thing: they want you to look your best. But how do you know which brand is right for you? It’s easy once you understand what types of makeup are out there and what each one does. From concealer to lipstick, here’s everything you need to know about makeup from top brands such as Milani today:
How to properly wash your face
- Using a gentle cleanser, apply water to your face and massage with the tips of your fingers in circular motions before rinsing with warm water.
- Use a soft washcloth or facial sponge to dry off any remaining moisture on your skin and pat dry instead of rubbing it dry to prevent irritation and redness (this step is significant for those with sensitive skin).
- Make sure you do this daily! Doing so will help prevent clogged pores from building up over time and also help maintain healthy skin overall.
The benefits of using a face mask
Face masks are great for your skin. They can help with acne, dryness, and other skin conditions. There are many different types of face masks—some you can buy at the store and others you can make yourself.
Face masks have many benefits if you have acne-prone skin or want an overall healthy complexion! If this sounds like something that would interest you, then take a look at our list below:
Top skincare do’s and don’t
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every single day. If you’re going to be outside for more than 20 minutes, apply it again if necessary; the sun’s rays can penetrate through your makeup, so even if you’re not sweating or swimming, your skin is still being exposed!
- Be gentle when washing your face — don’t use harsh scrubs or washcloths (they’ll irritate your skin), and try using a mild cleanser once a day instead of twice!
- Moisturize daily—the key here is to keep the moisture in by using a moisturizer that matches your skin type: oily-skinned people should use gel-based moisturizers; dry-skinned folks should opt for cream-based ones (or mix them).
What to include in your skincare routine
Your skincare routine should include three steps: cleanse, tone and moisturize. Use lukewarm water to wash your face, and massage the product into your skin. Pat dry with a soft towel after you’ve rinsed off any remaining residue.
Next, use toner on a cotton pad or swab to remove any leftover dirt or makeup from your pores (don’t skip this step as it helps balance oil production).
Finally, apply moisturizer all over except for around your eyes. You can also add eye cream for extra protection, but it is only necessary if you have dehydrated skin around the eyes.
How to apply makeup without looking cakey
There are many ways to apply makeup from top brands such as Milani, but one of the best ways is to use a primer. Primers help keep your makeup in place and give it a smooth finish. They can also correct any imperfections in your skin tone or texture. If you have dry skin, primers will help hydrate it while filling in fine lines on the face.
Some primers come as tinted moisturizers that provide additional coverage on top of a foundation or liquid concealer without making the application feel heavy or cakey (like what happens when applying too much powder).
Tinted moisturizer acts like sunscreen for your face since it contains SPF protection for sun exposure but doesn’t leave behind an oily residue once applied over a liquid foundation later during the day.
As you can see, makeup is a huge deal. It’s essential to know how much time you can spend on your look each day and what type of makeup suits you best.