Laser at Home: 5 Tips for the Perfect Home Treatment Session
So, you've taken the leap to try using a laser at home to remove unwanted hair. Hair removal at home has never been this easy, but there are a few steps you can take to make sure that you have the perfect treatment session every time. With these tips and a quality laser from FitSkinCo, you'll have the skin you've always wanted.
5 Tips for the Perfect Laser at Home Session
1. Set Yourself Up for SuccessWhen you first begin using FitSkinsCo's laser handset, you'll want to make sure you have plenty of time to spend getting to know your handset—and how it works. Patience is key, and rushing through a session can result in missing patches of hair or irritating the skin by using the laser incorrectly. It's especially important to learn the two different modes of your handset. Depending on your needs, you can use the stamp mode, which is perfect for the sensitive bikini area, underarms, or upper lip, or the glide mode, which is ideal for larger areas like the legs.
You should refer to the handset's user guide if you have any questions about how to use the laser. Give yourself at least 30-45 minutes to ensure that you have time to read your user guide, try the laser, and even have a mini-pampering session after your first successful treatment. Try a new face mask, light some candles, or use our FitSkinCo Petal face massager for some added luxury.
2. Practice PatienceDuring your first sessions, use your laser on a larger, more accessible area like your lower legs before moving on to the bikini area or face. It might be tempting to treat your most glaring problem area first, but a couple of practice sessions will give you the skills you need to move on to more challenging areas. The best news is that the FitSkinCo IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset is safe to use anywhere on your body, so once you feel confident using your handset, you can achieve effective hair removal in all your areas of concern!
3. Stick to Your Treatment PlanWhen you remove hair by shaving, waxing, or taking a trip to see your laser hair removal technician, you follow a schedule that reflects the rate of your hair growth and your hair removal goals. Laser hair removal at home is no different—to see the best results, it's important to perform regular treatments.
Our recommended treatment plan is one 30-minute treatment per week. This treatment session is designed for optimal full-body hair removal, although you can customize it to meet your personal needs. With regular weekly treatments, you'll begin to see visible results in just 3 weeks. After 12 weeks, your full results will be visible, leaving you free to enjoy life without unwanted hair. An occasional touch-up session is all you'll need to look and feel your best.
4. Don't Forget to ShaveWhen using laser hair removal technology, it's important to keep your hair at the ideal length for treatment. This means shaving 12-24 hours before you treat an area to ensure that your hair is not too long, which can result in higher heat intensity when targeted with a laser. You should avoid complete hair removal methods like waxing, which tears hair out by the root, as this leaves little to no hair to treat with your laser. Instead, let your hair grow naturally until the day before your laser treatment, when you should shave it close to the skin to achieve the best results.
5. Avoid Pigmented AreasLaser hair removal technology focuses on the pigment in the hair follicle to destroy hair at its root and prevent it from growing back. While this is a safe and effective method of hair removal, it also means that more pigmented areas of your skin could be prone to absorbing the laser energy, resulting in irritation. You should avoid pigmented areas like moles and tattoos while completing a laser treatment.
To see the best results, always wash off any makeup products on your face before treatment. You should also try not to complete laser treatment sessions too soon after you used pigmented products like self-tanner. Our handset is designed to be effective for all but the darkest skin types, letting you treat unwanted hair with confidence on any part of your body.